How Do I Get An Internship
(605) 995-3083 [fax]
How do I apply?
- Good planning and early preparation for an internship is recommended, as some opportunities are very competitive. Use the Internet, direct contact with a company, talk to your instructors, attend the MTI Job Fair, be creative!
- Complete an internship application available from a program instructor once your opportunity has been identified. Return the completed application to the Program Internship Coordinator.
- Write a cover letter and resume to be sent to your prospective supervisor. You might even have an interview. Be sure that you and your supervisor agree on the kind of work you will be doing and the number of hours you will need to commit.
- Inform the Program Internship Coordinator when ready to accept an offer. Formal approval will need to be made by MTI’s Program Internship Coordinator.
- Your Program Internship Coordinator and Site Supervisor will identify industry-specific learning objectives and outcomes.
- A formal Internship Training Agreement will be finalized and signed between MTI and the Company.
- After the Internship Training Agreement is signed by all required individuals, you must register for the internship course by completing a Course Registration form available in the Registrar’s office.
- Review and sign the internship learning objectives and outcomes and standards of conduct statements.
- During the internship, regular communication between you, your supervisor and MTI’s Program Internship Coordinator will occur.
- At the conclusion of the internship, you and your supervisor will each complete an evaluation. A final grade will be awarded when all required paperwork is turned in to the Program Internship Coordinator.