The Oak Room
The Oak Room is known throughout South Dakota as a fine dining opportunity not to be missed! It is an integral part of the Culinary Academy at Mitchell Technical College. Located in the Mitchell Tech Campus Center at 1800 East Spruce Street, this elegant dining room will help you create a memorable meal experience! Both for personal and business, the Oak Room is the perfect space to hold your next lunch.
Reservations are required.
Call 605.995.7169 for reservations.
Special note: Patrons are requested to be seated by 11:30 AM to accommodate students’ instructional schedules. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Oak Room has been in operation since 1969 and has been directed by five Culinary Arts Department Heads: Ernst Wirt, John Weber, Randy Doescher, Jim Wagner, Josh Kranz, and current department head Tim Goldammer. Approximately 10 to 20 students work on the Oak Room staff each year serving approximately 2,000 meals. Students rotate responsibilities and serve as chef, waiter, bus person, etc. each day. Graduates of the Culinary Academy work in many occupational fields including head chefs, sous chefs, kitchen managers, food service managers, restaurant managers, etc.
All patrons will enjoy a variety of complimentary breads and rolls.
Beverages including soda, freshly squeezed lemonade, coffee, tea, and milk are also available for purchase.
- Bacon, ricotta, and potato-filled dumplings pan-fried in brown butter.
- Fall Harvest Crostini
- Crostini, apple butter, brie, and candied pumpkin pie pecans. Light drizzle of honey.
- Housemade fries, peppered gravy, and ricotta.
- Roasted Red Pepper Risotto
- Red pepper and tomato risotto with homemade kielbasa. Garnished with ricotta.
- Bone-in Pork Chop
- Grilled sage & rosemary pork chop with housemade apple butter. Your choice of side.
- Wood Fired Pizza
- Mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, and chicken.
- Pan-fried cajun style catfish. Your choice of side.
- Student Feature
- Beets Agro Dolce
- Honey glazed and roasted beets.
- Collared Greens
- Southern stewed greens & bacon.
- Duchess Potatoes
- Creamy oven roasted sweet potato swirls.
- House Salad
- Mixed greens, seasonal vegetables, hard boiled egg, and croutons. Choice of dressing.
- Soup of the Day
Dessert of the Day, changes with season product availability and is different every day.
Ask your server about the Dessert of the Day!