Mitchell Tech will host three commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 10, 2024 in the World’s Only Corn Palace at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. Corn Palace doors will open one hour prior to each ceremony.
11 a.m. – Energy Production & Transmission and Engineering Technologies
- Electrical Utilities & Substation Technology
- Natural Gas Technology
- Power Line Construction & Maintenance
- Utilities Technology
- Wind Turbine Technology
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Automation Engineering Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Wi-Fi & Broadband Technologies
2 p.m. – Business & Service Industries and Health Sciences
- Administrative Office Specialist
- Business Management
- Culinary Academy of South Dakota
- Small Business Management
- Human Services Technician
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Professional
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing (LPN to RN)
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
5 p.m. – Agriculture & Transportation Technologies and Construction & Manufacturing Technologies
- Agricultural Business
- Animal Science
- Diesel Power – Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power – Light Truck Technology
- Geospatial Technologies
- Power Sports & Marine Technology
- Precision Ag Technology
- Architectural Design and Building Construction
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Machining and Manufacturing
- Progressive Welding Technology
- Welding Technology
Guests who are unable to attend in person are welcome to watch the ceremony via live stream. The livestream link will be available on the Mitchell Tech website the day of graduation – Friday, May 10.
Students must complete a Request to Graduate form. Graduate applicants cleared to participate are encouraged to attend the commencement ceremony to celebrate this accomplishment with classmates, faculty, family, and friends. Call 605.995.3023 or email Jill Greenway for more information
Students will continue to receive additional information about graduation ceremonies via their Mitchell Tech email.
GRADUATES - IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE CEREMONY
- Purchase your cap, gown, stole, and tassel from the Mitchell Tech Campus Store. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the approved graduation regalia.
- Honor and recognition cords will be given to the graduates at the Corn Palace prior to graduation. Our intent is that the honor and recognition cords will be returned after the ceremony, and we will re-use them again for future graduations. If you would like to use cords for pictures prior to graduation, please contact Danita Lucas and make arrangements.
- Please arrive at the World’s Only Corn Palace dressed in your regalia no later than 30 minutes prior to your ceremony.
- You will receive a diploma cover as you cross the stage and your diploma will be mailed once your degree is conferred.
- A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma. Photos can be ordered directly through the photographer’s website, which will be posted on mitchelltech.edu after graduation.
All seating is general admission. There are no tickets or reserved seating. However, if you or any of your guests require special seating, please contact Danita Lucas in The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, May 3.