For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
- Service Technician
- Project Manager
- Fitter Fuser
Average Salary: $55,000
The median annual wage for career opportunities from this program, according
to the US Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Mitchell Technical College's Natural Gas Technology program will teach you the skills needed to install, maintain, operate and repair gas distribution systems and equipment for residential, commercial and industrial customers. As infrastructure ages and the need for gas services increases, companies are looking to hire now!
Why Mitchell Technical College's Natural Gas Technology program:
- Industry driven program and curriculum
- Instructor worked in the industry
- Technology driven program; cutting edge equipment
- Students recruited right out of the classroom by industry
- Hands-on training
Graduates may find employment with public utilities or municipalities to install and maintain gas service, or in the construction industry which contracts with utilities for installation and maintenance.
Occupational Outlook Information:
- High demand, high skill, high wage occupation
- Nearly half of the utilities workforce will be nearing retirement age within the next 10 years, resulting in excellent opportunities for qualified entrants
- Persons with advanced technical education will have the best employment opportunities