Build Dakota Scholarship
For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Free-Ride! scholarship could have your name on it.
Application period is closed.
Programs identified as high-need at Mitchell Tech and eligible for this scholarship:
- Architectural Design & Building Construction
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Automation Engineering Technician
- Diesel Power - Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power - Light Truck Technology
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Electrical Utilities & Substation Technology
- Geospatial Technologies
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Natural Gas Technology
- Precision Ag Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing (LPN to RN)
- Wi-Fi and Broadband Technologies
- Welding & Manufacturing Technology
- Wind Turbine Technology
Choose a program eligible for a Build Dakota Scholarship and your two-year program can be completely covered by this scholarship including tuition, fees, books, and tools.
Build Dakota Scholarships will be awarded to students entering high-need workforce programs at South Dakota’s technical colleges to fill the state’s technical careers with skilled professionals. These full-ride scholarships will support tuition, fees, books and other required program expenses in an eligible program. You must be accepted into the program to be eligible.
Both in-state students and out-of-state students of any age are eligible for the scholarships. Recipients of the scholarships will commit to living and working in the state, in their field of study, for three years following graduation (or you’ll pay the scholarship back). As a Build Dakota Scholar, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
The Build Dakota Scholarship covers all expenses related to the program such as tuition, fees, books and tools. A recipient of the Build Dakota Scholarship is not eligible for institutional scholarships from Mitchell Tech. Institutional scholarships include, but are not limited to, the Alumni Legacy Scholarship, Exploration Day Scholarship, Welding Competition Scholarship and the Mitchell Tech match for the Mitchell Community Scholarship.