For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Earn credit at Mitchell Technical College while still in high school through our dual credit classes!
Mitchell Technical College allows high school students to enroll in selected online and face-to-face classes providing them with the opportunity to earn credit at Mitchell Tech and at their local high school when approved by their school district.
Classes are offered at a reduced rate of $48.33/credit hour making this an affordable option to get started on their postsecondary career plans while they are still in high school.
What are the benefits for students taking dual credit classes?
- Enhances ability and skills to do college work and aids student in gaining confidence for postsecondary success
- Allows student to experience the rigor and challenge of postsecondary classes while still in high school
- Provides relevance to students allowing them to study areas of career interest
Details and registration instructions are listed below.
Mitchell Technical College 2022-2023 Important Dates (Printable PDF)
Courses are available from a variety of Mitchell Tech programs:
Click here (PDF) for a complete list of dual credit classes offered at Mitchell Tech for the summer of 2022.
Click here (PDF) for a complete list of dual credit classes offered at Mitchell Tech for the fall of 2022.
Click here (PDF) for a complete list of general education classes offered at Mitchell Tech for the fall of 2022.
Summer and fall registration opens April 1, 2022. Summer classes begin May 16, 2022 and fall classes begin August 22, 2022. Classes fill on a first-come, first-serve basis.
South Dakota Department of Education list of South Dakota Dual Credit Courses Offered.
Want to learn more? Email Hillary Vining, Director of Enrollment, or call (605) 995-7114. See also Mitchell Tech Dual Credit Guidelines.
Registration and Course Payment
- Your first step should be to review the available Mitchell Tech dual credit classes and discuss with your high school counselor whether an Mitchell Tech class and dual credit is a good option for you. Consider how the class fits your personal learning plan and your education plans after high school graduation.
- Once you decide to register, fill out, print, and send in the Technical Colleges Dual Credit Enrollment Application form. The form must be signed and your enrollment approved by a school administrator. Class enrollments are limited for dual credit students and some classes reach capacity quickly, so early registration is encouraged.
- After your registration has been processed, you will be emailed a course schedule. The schedule indicates your registered class(es), and the invoice indicates the amount due for payment. You may drop a class within the first 10 class days of the Mitchell Tech academic calendar without being charged and without receiving a grade. Contact Hillary Vining to drop a class.
- The cost of Mitchell Tech dual credit classes is $48.33/credit hour (3-credit class cost is $144.99).
- Payment for your class is due to Mitchell Tech within the first ten days of the semester. If your school district is paying for your class, provide a copy of the cost to your high school principal. Payment may be made by check (include your student ID# on check) or call the Mitchell Tech business office 995-3022 to pay by credit/debit card.
Grades for dual credit classes will be provided to the student’s local school district. Grades will also be recorded on an Mitchell Tech transcript. Official transcripts may be requested for a fee in accordance with Mitchell Tech procedures outlined at www.mitchelltech.edu/academics/registrar/transcript-request. Students may print an unofficial transcript from MyTech.
It is the student’s responsibility to verify course transferability to other postsecondary institutions. Transfer credit is not guaranteed when a student transfers from one institution to another.
For more information regarding concurrent enrollment through Mitchell Tech, please refer to the Mitchell Tech Concurrent Enrollment Guidelines.