Mitchell Technical College Campus Center
1800 E. Spruce St.
Mitchell, SD 57301
Fax: (605) 995-3083
Mitchell Tech will host three commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 5, 2023 in the World’s Only Corn Palace at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm.
11 a.m. – Business & Service Industries and Health Sciences
- Administrative Office Specialist
- Business Management
- Culinary Academy of South Dakota
- Small Business Management
- Human Services Technician
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Professional
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing (LPN to RN)
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
2 p.m. – Agriculture & Transportation Technologies and Construction & Manufacturing Technologies
- Agricultural Business
- Animal Science
- Diesel Power - Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power - Light Truck Technology
- Geospatial Technologies
- Power Sports & Marine Technology
- Precision Ag Technology
- Architectural Design and Building Construction
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Machining and Manufacturing
- Progressive Welding Technology
- Welding Technology
5 p.m. – Energy Production & Transmission and Engineering Technologies
- Electrical Utilities & Substation Technology
- Natural Gas Technology
- Power Line Construction & Maintenance
- Utilities Technology
- Wind Turbine Technology
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Automation Engineering Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Wi-Fi & Broadband Technologies
Guests who are unable to attend in person are welcome to watch the ceremony via livestream. The livestream link will be available on the Mitchell Tech website the day of graduation – Friday, May 5.
Students will continue to receive additional information about graduation ceremonies via their Mitchell Tech email.
Graduates - if you are attending the ceremony
- Purchase your cap, gown, and tassel from the Mitchell Tech Campus Store. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the approved graduation regalia.
- The Class of 2023 will wear a stole at graduation. The stoles will be given to graduates with the honor and recognition cords at the Corn Palace prior to graduation. Our intent is that the stole will be returned after the ceremony, the same as the honor and recognition cords, and we will re-use them again for future graduations. If you would like to use a stole and/or cords for pictures prior to graduation, please contact Danita Lucas and make arrangements.
- If you or any of your guests require special seating, please contact Danita Lucas in The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, April 28.
- Please arrive at the World’s Only Corn Palace dressed in your regalia no later than 30 minutes prior to your ceremony.
- You will receive a diploma cover as you cross the stage and your diploma will be mailed once your degree is conferred.
Family & Friends
The Corn Palace doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony. Those who are unable to attend the event in person are welcome to watch the ceremony via the livestream. The livestream link will be available on this website the day of graduation – Friday, May 5.
The commencement ceremonies will be held in the World’s Only Corn Palace. If you require special seating, please contact Danita Lucas in The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, April 28.
A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma. Photos can be ordered directly through the photographer's website. The photographer website link is posted on mitchelltech.edu after graduation. Guests may take their own photographs during the ceremony. Please be considerate of others in attendance and do not block the view for an unusual period of time.
Students must complete a Request to Graduate form. Graduate applicants cleared to participate are encouraged to attend the commencement ceremony. This is celebration of your accomplishment to share with your classmates, faculty, family and friends.
Call 605.995.3023 or email for more information.