Skip to Main Content



At Mitchell Technical College, the financial aid process starts with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

To qualify for federal financial aid (and some scholarships), you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.

Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA now and use Mitchell Tech's school code: 008284

  • See the below Tips for completing the FAFSA.
  • If you do not plan to apply for federal aid, please let us know so your financial aid award letter doesn’t get delayed.
  • Morgan Huber



  • Carmen Neugebauer

    Assistant Director


  • Nicole Popp

    Financial Aid Specialist


Tips for completing the FAFSA:

  • We encourage students and parents to complete the FAFSA together
  • It is a good idea to collect your information before you start the FAFSA (see below)

Both the student and parents’ information are collected on the FAFSA. The student will need their OWN FSA ID, Social Security number, phone number, and/or email address (separate from the parent’s).

Steps for applying for federal aid:

  1. Apply for a FSA ID  (both student & parent will use a unique FSA ID to sign into the FAFSA)
  2. Complete the FAFSA Form

Items to collect the before you start the FAFSA: 

  • Social Security Number (or alien registration number)
  • Cell Phone Number (Students: use your own cell phone number, not your parent’s)
  • Email Address (Students: DO NOT use your k12 email as you will NOT have access to it after you graduate from high school)
  • Financial Information:
    • Federal Income Tax Return information for the year 2020 (You may be able to link to the IRS by entering your name and address EXACTLY as they appear on your Federal Tax Return)
    • Records of income from work (W-2 or other wage information)
    • Cash, savings, and checking account balances
    • Investments other than the home in which you live

For more information about the FAFSA, visit

Mitchell Technical College adheres to the following code of conduct:

  • Ban on revenue-sharing
  • Gift ban
  • Prohibited contracting arrangements
  • Prohibited assignment of lender to first-time borrower
  • Prohibited refusal to certify or delay of certification based upon choice of lender
  • Prohibition on offers of funds for private loans
  • Ban on staffing assistance
  • Prohibition on receipt of compensation for advisory board service
Back to Financial Aid

Schedule a Visit

Personal Visit OR View Visit Days