For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
- Small Business Owner
- Independent Contractor
- Enterprising Entrepreneur
The Mitchell Technical College Entrepreneurship* program is a unique opportunity for skilled tradespeople to put their passions to work for them. Presented in a two-days-per-month format spread over a full school year, the Entrepreneurship program is an opportunity for students pursuing their first associate degrees to extend their education, or for those who have already begun their careers – or even already started their own businesses – to learn skills that will help them succeed as sole proprietors or larger-scale enterprises. The program is ideal for students who have already earned an A.A.S. degree in Architectural Design & Building Construction, Electrical Construction & Maintenance, Machining & Manufacturing, Progressive Welding Technology, Diesel Power, Animal Science, Automation Controls/SCADA, the Culinary Academy of South Dakota or another technical field. Enrollment preference is given to those applicants who have completed that training at Mitchell Tech.
The Entrepreneurship program consists of courses designed to develop strategic thinking and planning, professional selling, leadership, and project management. The eight entrepreneurship courses and four leadership courses will equip graduates with the necessary skillset to launch and manage their own businesses or manage existing technical businesses.
Students who apply to this third-year program will be eligible for a single scholarship that covers 50% of their tuition and fees.
The Entrepreneurship program consists of 12 courses over two semesters delivered in two days of classes monthly, with assignments to be submitted between sessions. The mixture of Entrepreneurship and Leadership coursework will encourage students to develop strategic thinking, business model development, professional selling, strategic leadership and planning skills that will assist them in creating and leading successful entrepreneurial ventures.
*Prerequisite program completion is required prior to enrollment.
Sabers Family Visionary Fund
Covers 50% of one-year Entrepreneurship program
The Friends of Entrepreneurship will fund half of the cost of tuitionto the Entrepreneurship program for the top 10 students in the program each year.
- Applicant must have or had a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Applicant must complete the MTC Online application during the open application period to be eligible to receive this scholarship.
- Applicant must have previously earned or be in the process of earning an A.A.S. degree.
Examples of some but not all, A.A.S. Eligible Degrees:
- Architectural Design & Building Construction
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Machining & Manufacturing
- Progressive Welding Technology
- Power Sports & Marine Technology
- Diesel Power - Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power - Light Truck Technology
- Animal Science
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Culinary Academy of South Dakota