The Oak Room
Reservations are required.
Call 995-3030 for reservations.
Special note: Patrons are requested to be seated by 11:30 AM to accommodate students' instructional schedules. Thank you for your cooperation
Reservations are required.
Call 995-3030 ext. 8 for reservations.
Special note: Patrons are requested to be seated by 11:30 AM to accommodate students' instructional schedules. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Oak Room is known throughout South Dakota as a fine dining opportunity not to be missed! An integral part of the Culinary Academy at Mitchell Technical Institute, the Oak Room serves meals five days a week through approximately May 1 each year. Located in the MTI Campus Center at 1800 East Spruce Street, this elegant dining room will help you create a memorable meal experience!
The Oak Room has been in operation since 1969 and has been directed by five Culinary Arts Department Heads: Ernst Wirt, John Weber, Randy Doescher, Jim Wagner and current department head Josh Kranz. Approximately 10 to 20 students work on the Oak Room staff each year serving approximately 2,000 meals. Students rotate responsibilities and serve as chef, waiter, bus person, etc. each day. Graduates of the Culinary Academy work in many occupational fields including head chefs, sous chefs, kitchen managers, food service managers, restaurant managers, etc.
The Oak Room is available by reservation to the public for both private dining and group functions. Don't miss your chance to experience Oak Room dining in MTI's prestigious campus restaurant. Reservations are required.
The Oak Room is open Mondays through Fridays on days when school is in session.
For reservations , please call 605.995.3030 ext. 8 or email Tim Goldammer.
All patrons will also enjoy a variety of complimentary breads and rolls.
Beverages including soda, freshly squeezed lemonade, coffee, tea and milk are also available for purchase.
- Wonton Tacos
- Crab Foudue
- Spring Crostini
- Due Bacche
- Student Feature: Each week our students explore and develop recipes that are showcased here. Ask your server about this week's Student Feature.
- Reverse Seared Ahi Tuna: Ahi tuna steack served with coconut rice.
- Pulled Pork: Pulled pork piled high on a homemade pretzel bun with creamy coleslaw. Served with your choice of side.
- New York Strip Steak: 12 oz. of Angus beef cooked to your likeness. Served with your choice of side.
- Bordelaise Rigatoni: A creamy sauce with aged beef brisket, house made pancetta and a variety of mushrooms and fresh vegetables.
- Fish and Chips: Beer battered cod served with crispy French fries. Served with tartar sauce.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Coconut Rice
- French Fries
- Brandied Peaches
- Potatoes Sous Vide
An Oak Room dessert is simply not to be missed! Students learn the fundamentals of pastry and dessert cookery ranging from gourmet pies and cheesecakes to specialty fare like mousse, meringue and flambéd fruit.
Ask your server about the Dessert of the Day!