(605) 995-3083 [fax]
Mitchell Technical Institute will be an innovative leader in technical education and a valued partner in global workforce development, preparing students for career success and lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
Amazing details about MTI:
- 99% of graduates employed or continuing education within 6 months*
- Named as one of 10 finalists for the 2019 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence
- One of the newest campuses in the region
- 35 on-campus academic programs and 4 online programs
- More than 86% of MTI students receive financial aid
- Located in Mitchell, South Dakota; founded in 1968
- Military friendly school since 2010
- Regionally unique programs
*Placement information available here.
It is the mission of Mitchell Technical Institute to provide skills for success in technical careers.
- Learning: MTI provides high-quality Associate of Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs which prepare students for successful careers.
- Life Skills: MTI prepares graduates for lifelong learning by building skills in technology, communication, professionalism, problem-solving, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Access: MTI provides educational services and quality training to students, alumni, businesses, and the community, both on campus and at a distance.
- Innovation: MTI integrates state-of-the-art technologies, instructional methods, and facilities to deliver a high-quality, unique educational experience.
- Excellence: MTI commits to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness through a system of assessment and continuous review.
- Talent Investment: MTI recruits, develops, and invests in skilled, dedicated, and student-oriented faculty and staff.
- Community: MTI builds student community through social and recreational activities, counseling support, and a student government structure administered through organized student services.
- Diversity and Respect: MTI seeks and values a diverse population and responds to the unique needs of individuals, recognizing the dignity and worth of all people and fostering a climate of respect among its students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Advocacy: MTI promotes the value of technical education through the development of relationships with stakeholders and activities that raise awareness of the institute's mission.
- Equity: MTI will strive to ensure success for all students through ongoing support and programs that will remove the predictability of success or failure which currently correlates with any educational, social, or cultural factor.