For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Admission into Mitchell Tech
- Complete the Admissions application.
- Send official high school and any post-secondary transcripts to Mitchell Tech. The applicant must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent certificate. Applicants will receive application points based on their cumulative GPA and any math and science classes they have taken. Math and Science class GPAs are also considered.
- Send ACT scores to Mitchell Tech. Although the scores are not required for your application, providing ACT scores may increase your chances of acceptance. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have questions about the ACT test.
- Submit an essay, using the guidelines Admissions provides.
When all four items are complete and submitted to the Admissions Office, the applicant’s file will be reviewed and scored with an objective point system. The applicant must meet a target score to move on to the next part of the application. An Admissions Representative will reach out to all applicants after their file is reviewed.
The final part of the application process, after an applicant has met the target score, will be to schedule and complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam. Here are important things to know about this test:
- A score of 62% on the TEAS exam is needed to be accepted into the program.
- Students are allowed three attempts to score a 62% but must wait for a minimum of 30 days in-between tests.
- The cost of the TEAS is $65 plus tax and is paid by credit/debit card before taking the test.
We recommend high school students apply after completion of their junior year.
Next Steps for Accepted Students: Once you have been formally accepted into the Radiologic Technology program, you will be required to perform several tasks:
- Submission of your immunization record with documentation of all required immunizations (at your expense)
- Complete a criminal background check (at your expense)
- Undergo a student physical (at your expense)
- Complete required documents provided to you by program director
Academic Requirements: Students must complete all technical courses with a minimum grade of C (2.0) in order to become registry-eligible. Students who do not achieve a C (2.0) grade will be prevented from enrolling in the subsequent semester due to prerequisite requirements.
Computer Requirements: This program allows you to bring your own laptop as long as it meets these minimum specifications:
Processor – Intel Core i Series (i3, i5, i7) or AMD Ryzen
Operating System – Windows 10
Memory - 4 GB or more
Internal Storage – 64 GB or more
Microsoft Office is available at no charge as long as enrolled at Mitchell Tech
NO APPLE/MAC COMPUTERS
Check out our most recent Program Effectiveness Data.
Licensure Disclosure: Upon completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to apply for the ARRT certification and registration in Radiography (R). This ARRT certification is recognized in 48 states and will allow graduates to pursue state licensure if required in their state.
Licensure is not required in the following states: Alabama, District of Columbia, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Dakota.
Mitchell Technical College has determined that our program’s curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Mitchell Technical College has made no determination that our program’s curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure in the following states: California, District of Columbia, Florida, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mitchell Tech encourages prospective students to visit the ARRT website (https://www.arrt.org/about-the-profession/state-licensing) for further information regarding state licensures.