For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Admission into Mitchell TEch
- Complete admission application
- Have a high school transcript sent to Mitchell Tech
- If you previously attended college and you have college or technical school transcripts, please arrange to have those transcripts sent to Mitchell Tech
- Scores from schools or agencies for any of the following tests you have taken: ACT or Accuplacer
- If above testing was not completed or scores do not meet program standards, the student must complete an admissions test at Mitchell Tech (no charge for this test)
AdmissionS REQUIREMENTS for lpn
|1.||ACT score of 18 or above in all sections or ACCUPLACER equivalent(s);|
|2.||High school or college cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above; and|
|3.||TEAS Exam composite score of 62% or above|
Next steps for Accepted Students
Once you have been formally accepted into the LPN program, you will be required to perform several tasks:
- Submission of your immunization record with documentation of all required immunizations (at your expense)
- Complete a criminal background check (at your expense)
- Undergo a student physical (at your expense)
- Present proof that you carry health insurance (at your expense)
- Provide proof of a minimum of 120 hours of direct patient care (i.e. CNA, patient care tech, nurses aid, etc.)
- Complete required documents provided to you by program administrator
Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN and be licensed as an LPN in South Dakota. Students who are not South Dakota residents or South Dakota residents who are seeking employment outside South Dakota should contact that state’s Board of Nursing for any additional requirements (Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirements | NCSBN).
NOTE: If you are or have been convicted, pleaded guilty or no contest to, or received a suspended imposition of sentence for a felony or certain misdemeanors, you are advised* that you may:
- Not be able to complete all course requirements for the LPN program
- Not be able to take required licensure examination
*Inquiries and questions may be directed to the South Dakota Board of Nursing or MTC Nursing Program Director.
Mitchell Technical College has determined that our program’s curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure in Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.
Mitchell Technical College has made no determination that our program’s curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.
South Dakota is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact which allows a nurse that is licensed and residing in South Dakota to be able to practice in other compact states without obtaining additional licensure. This compact gives multistate rights to registered nurses and licensed practical nurses residing in a member state. The South Dakota Board of Nursing ( https://doh.sd.gov/boards/nursing/compact.aspx ) and National Council State Boards of Nursing (https://www.ncsbn.org/compacts.htm ) provides additional details about the Nurse Licensure Compact.
Computer Requirements: This program allows you to bring your own laptop as long as it meets these minimum specifications:
Processor – Intel Core i Series (i3, i5, i7) or AMD Ryzen
Operating System – Windows 10
Memory - 4 GB or more
Internal Storage – 64 GB or more
Microsoft Office is available at no charge as long as enrolled at Mitchell Tech
NO APPLE/MAC COMPUTERS