For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Applicant Requirements: Prospective students must be:
- 18 years of age (or older) by the time of the first internship
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to meet MTI and Butler Dealership admission and academic requirements
- Sponsored by a Butler dealership
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an employable driving record
- Willing to take a drug test if requested by dealership sponsor (Note: for many dealerships this is a requirement for employment)
- Sincere about becoming the best service technician he/she can be
Student Selection Process: Students who wish to become a member of the AGCO “ButlerEdge” program should make application early in the fall semester (October-December) if possible. This will allow time for processing financial aid packages, identification of preparatory class needs, sponsorship acquisition, etc.
The application process includes the following:
- Complete the MTI application for admission
- Comply with MTI admissions policies
- Complete the Butler dealer employment application
- Submit a current official driving record
Students who successfully complete the admission process are eligible to interview and test with the Butler dealership of their choice. The interview should take place at the dealership and participant’s goals should be discussed. All students must have a dealer sponsor before enrollment can be completed.
Any student who enrolls in Commercial Driver training must obtain a South Dakota driver’s license in order to complete the CDL training course. A Class A CDL is a graduation requirement for this program.