About Mitchell Tech
(605) 995-3083 [fax]
Mitchell Technical College is proud to be one of the nation’s best performing community colleges, continuing to advance your student experience with an even higher level of technology, student services and affordability.
Amazing details about Mitchell Tech:
- 99% of graduates employed or continuing education within 6 months*
- Aspen Top 150 for 2021
- One of the newest campuses in the region
- 35 on-campus academic programs and 4 online programs
- More than 92% of Mitchell Technical College students receive financial aid**
- Located in Mitchell, South Dakota; founded in 1968
- Military friendly school since 2010
- Regionally unique programs
*Placement information available here.
**IPEDS first-time, fulltime students 2020-21, National Center for Education Statistics
All of this adds up to one incredible opportunity, and we can’t wait to get you started!
As a valued student, you’ll be immersed in hands-on education designed to land you a highly desirable career in the field of your dreams. We have exciting programs led by outstanding instructors in healthcare, engineering, agriculture, transportation, communications, business, manufacturing, technology, energy production and transmission and specialty offerings like our Culinary Academy.
You’ll enjoy college life with safe on-campus apartment living, a new student lounge and fitness center, chef-inspired meals at our on campus dining room and the friendly Mitchell, South Dakota community where you can step out your door to an abundance of recreation and fun.
Finally, let’s talk value. Mitchell Tech offers some amazing scholarship and financial aid packages, not to mention some of the most competitive tuition rates around. You can earn your degree in just one or two years at a price that doesn’t come close to your investment in a four-year institution. It’s a win-win for you, your family and your future. This is what being the best is all about.
It is the mission of Mitchell Technical College to provide skills for success in technical careers.
Mitchell Technical College will be an innovative leader in technical education and a valued partner in global workforce development, preparing students for career success and lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
- Learning: Mitchell Tech provides high-quality Associate of Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs which prepare students for successful careers.
- Life Skills: Mitchell Tech prepares graduates for lifelong learning by building skills in technology, communication, professionalism, problem-solving, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Access: Mitchell Tech provides educational services and quality training to students, alumni, businesses, and the community, both on campus and at a distance.
- Innovation: Mitchell Tech integrates state-of-the-art technologies, instructional methods, and facilities to deliver a high-quality, unique educational experience.
- Excellence: Mitchell Tech commits to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness through a system of assessment and continuous review.
- Talent Investment: Mitchell Tech recruits, develops, and invests in skilled, dedicated, and student-oriented faculty and staff.
- Community: Mitchell Tech builds student community through social and recreational activities, counseling support, and a student government structure administered through organized student services.
- Diversity and Respect: Mitchell Tech seeks and values a diverse population and responds to the unique needs of individuals, recognizing the dignity and worth of all people and fostering a climate of respect among its students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Advocacy: Mitchell Tech promotes the value of technical education through the development of relationships with stakeholders and activities that raise awareness of the college's mission.
- Equity: Mitchell Tech strives to address gaps in achievement so that every student receives purposeful, ongoing support and programming to be successful throughout the college experience.