Prepare for Student Loan Payments to Restart
(605) 995-3083 [fax]
Federal student loan payments restart after September 1, 2022. Start preparing now for repayment to begin again.
The Department of Education’s suspension of loan repayment will expire as of September 1, 2022. Students who have an outstanding loan balance will resume scheduled repayment after the expiration of the suspension.
Don't know who your loan servicer is?
- Go to StudentAid.gov/login
- Find the "My Aid" section and select "View loan servicer details."
You can also call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
- Log in to your loan servicer’s website or mobile app to make sure your contact information is current.
- Use Loan Simulator at StudentAid.gov/loan-simulator to make sure you’re on the best repayment plan.
- Contact your loan servicer to restart auto-debit, sign up for auto-debit for the first time, or find out the easiest way to make a payment.
- Check your email and postal mail for student loan payment updates from your loan servicer and the U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid. The updates could include your monthly payment amount and due date.
- Learn how to avoid student aid scams at StudentAid.gov/scams. Your servicer provides free help with your questions or concerns about loan payments.
Visit StudentAid.gov/coronavirus for more information about your federal student loan payments restarting.