Radiologic Technology Application Process
Radiologic Technology of Mitchell Technical College Application Process
It is very important to read these web pages for completing the Radiologic Technology Program application process.
Please use the following information as a step by step guide for applying to the Radiologic Technology program at Mitchell Tech. Acceptance is granted to students on a first-come, first-serve basis once all these steps are complete. All applications are graded with an objective point system.
- Apply to Mitchell Technical College at www.mitchelltech.edu/apply. Any previous application to the Mitchell Tech Radiologic Technology Program is no longer valid.
- Send official high school and any post-secondary transcripts to Mitchell Tech. The applicant must be a high school graduate or have equivalent certificate. Applicants will receive application points based on their cumulative GPA and any math and science classes they have taken. Math and Science class GPAs are also considered.
- Send ACT scores to Mitchell Tech. Although the scores are not required for your application, providing ACT scores may increase your chances of acceptance. Failure to submit a valid ACT score will affect the total number of points that an applicant receives but does not exclude anyone from applying. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have questions about the ACT test.
- Submit an essay. We have provided some guidelines for the essay on the Essay Requirement webpage.
Once all four items are complete and turned into the Admissions Office, the applicant’s file will be reviewed and graded with an objective point system. The applicant will need to meet a target score to move on to the next part of the application. If you do not meet the target score, we will let you know and speak about other program options.
The final part of the application process after a student’s file is complete and they meet the required score will be to schedule and complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam. Here are important things to know about this test:
- A score of a 62% on the TEAS exam is needed to be accepted into the program.
- Students are allowed three attempts to score a 62% but must wait a minimum of 30 days in-between tests.
- The cost of the TEAS is $65 plus tax and is paid by credit/debit card before taking the test.
If you have any questions throughout the application process, please contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-684-1969 • [email protected]. We are here to help you through the process.