For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Upon completion of this two-year program, graduates will be prepared to assist a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP) in the following ways:
- Perform speech, language, and hearing screenings
- Administer speech and language assessment and progress monitoring tools per examiner manual qualifications and SLP direction
- Demonstrate speech, language, and related therapy procedures to implement treatment plans developed by the SLP
- Create records, charts, or graphs to communicate client/patient/student performance to SLP
- Perform clerical duties such as preparing materials, organizing records, and scheduling clients/patients/students
- Evaluate clinical situations for compliance with ethical codes and federal, state, and local regulations
- Create advocacy materials and presentations to promote public awareness and improve public policies related to communication disorders
Check out the 2021-22 Annual Program Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.
The Mitchell Tech SLPA program meets the requirements allowing a graduate to apply for SLPA licensure from the South Dakota Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Speech-Language Pathology Assistant certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).