For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
At the completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Manage front office duties such as reception, record maintenance and bookkeeping.
- Competently use medical terminology required in medical correspondence, preparing forms, documents, and transcribed material.
- Correctly use software applications to manage records and data electronically.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computerized billing by entering and/or processing medical insurance claims.
- Accurately convert diagnoses, injury and procedure descriptions documented in patient records into numeric or alphanumeric codes using coding manuals (CPT and ICD-10-CM).
- Analyze patient charts to assign codes that ensure the healthcare provider is properly reimbursed for services.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills when working with clients, coworkers, and physicians.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the legal and ethical standards and dilemmas facing the medical profession.
- Interpret dictation completely and accurately using skills of listening, comprehension, editing, and clarifying with the ability to identify inconsistencies.
Check out the 2019-20 Annual Program Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.