For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Information Systems Technology, A.A.S. Degree
At the completion of the A.A.S. degree, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of operating and maintaining computer hardware and software and how to troubleshoot related issues.
- Formulate connectivity methods for transmitting media. Identify, connect, and terminate common industry media connectors.
- Explain the common principles and services provided in a client/server network.
- Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrate Basic understanding of Linux System use and management.
- Illustrate basic relational database concepts and the creation of meaningful data visualizations.
- Apply skills and procedures to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot networked devices in a small to large network.
- Develop and implement security procedures and products to secure information systems including providing an individual and team competitive sport experience.
- Summarize basic programming concepts and methods.
- Establish and manage a virtual Microsoft Active Directory environment in a hybrid cloud connected to Microsoft 365.
- Distinguish between a datacenter, cloud computing, and virtualization.
Check out the 2019-20 Annual Program Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.