|Job Type||Full Time|
|Company Name||Veolia Water Technologies|
|Address||945 South Brown School Road|
Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is currently seeking a Wastewater Operator to work in the Brookings South Dakota area.
Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
The Wastewater Operator will operate and maintain the wastewater treatment plant in compliance with the site indirect discharge permit, including lab analysis of process samples, general and preventive maintenance of equipment, and complete other tasks as assigned by the Lead Wastewater Operator, Account Manager, or other Veolia Leadership personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain the various equipment and processes at the WWTP, including the DAF, UASB, sludge dewatering equipment, chemical feed systems, wastewater pumps, blowers, gas flare, and hot water boilers.
- Sample and analyze process and effluent samples from various locations within the wastewater plant to determine compliance and treatment efficiencies.
- Evaluate sample data in order to make process changes to improve treatment efficiency and maintain compliance
- Perform general and preventive maintenance activities on all wastewater and ancillary equipment.
- Manage chemical inventories, spare part inventories, and waste disposal activities, including receipt, unloading, and transfers of these materials to the appropriate tank or storage area
- Ability to manage the chemical feed systems and perform PM as well as maintenance to ensure that the chemical feed system is operating properly
- Ensure the cleanliness of the equipment, plant, office, and lab
- Detect and report operational or treatment issues to the Lead Wastewater Operator
- WWTP runs 24/7/365, therefore must be able to work 12-hr shifts, typically day shift on Friday through Sunday and/or evenings during the week or weekends
- Prefer 5+ years of previous wastewater operations experience
- Strong mechanical ability and aptitude
- General lab analysis experience -preferred
- South Dakota Class 1 Wastewater License – preferred
- Work to obtain SD Class 2 Wastewater License within 24 months of employment
- Experience operating a biological wastewater treatment system - preferred
- Operational experience of a DAF – preferred
- Forklift license – preferred