|Job Type||Full Time|
|Company Name||Brink Constructors, Inc.|
|Address||2950 North Plaza Drive|
Brink Constructors, Inc. is the leading electrical transmission contractor in the western US specializing in transmission lines, distribution lines, fiber optics, storm damage repairs and substations.
Brink is currently hiring Substation Apprentices to start with our Substation Division. We are currently working near Marcus, Iowa.
Start date is June 17th. This post will close on May 24th.
WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL/RELOCATE IS A MUST
Work will consist of installations, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, and associated materials and equipment within the high voltage transmission and substation electrical industry. Perform duties necessary to complete assigned task under the direct supervision of Substation Technician, Foreman, Superintendent, or Project Manager. Employee should keep all materials, tools and equipment in an orderly fashion and maintain a clean work area at all time and demonstrating safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Clearly understand and comply with Brink Constructors and Federal Job Safety Requirements. (O.S.H.A.)
- Must be able to report to assigned job site location on time as directed.
- Maintain and properly store tools and equipment.
- Proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials.
- Accurately organize materials and tools in order to maintain clean and neat work area.
- Assist in various job duties as directed.
- Properly install assigned work on wood and steel structures.
- Ability to quickly learn functions of the jobs.
- Ability to install switchgear and its terminations.
- Ability to install all sizes of conduit that will ensure timely installations.
- Ability to learn equipment operations (crane, flatbed truck, trailer, forklift, aerial lift)
- Ability to use hand tools. (i.e., pliers, hammer, crescent wrench, side cutters, channel locks, screwdriver).
- Must be able to safely use all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders and KO punches.
- Work from all types of aerial lifts and operate lifts as necessary in a safe manner.
- Perform work at various heights upwards to 120 feet from various means (aerial lift or climbing).
- Accurately read labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals and written instructions.
- Employee must have ability to acquire / maintain personal hand tools and other tools necessary for this position as directed.
- Valid Driver’s License and have own transportation. (Note: Public Transportation does not always serve most sites). Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned, to assist with the completion of a task.
starting salary is $19.33, per diem begins at $94 per day worked, based on locale rate
Three medical plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas for Full Time Employees:
- Offer a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Vision and Dental plans
- 401k plan
- FREE $50,000 Life Insurance
- FREE Long Term Disability
- Other voluntary plans offered such as Short Term Disibility, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Insurance.
Offer Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Day)(by January 1 of intital hire date)