|Job Type||Full Time|
|Company Name||Dakota Wesleyan University|
|Address||1200 W University Ave|
Student Support Assistant
This position is currently a shared position between financial aid and student life departments.
Job duties include the following with the understanding that other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain office filing system; set-up and maintain the filing system of the department records for ease of document retrieval.
- Responsible for collecting and disbursing mail for both financial aid and student life departments.
- Accurately operate multi-phone system.
- Consistently follows policies of the university as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Run mail merge, manage data, and update information.
- Perform special projects throughout the year as they arise.
- Financial Aid specific duties:
- Run Ed Connect system daily to bring in items from the Dept. of Education.
- Process ISIRs (student reports from FAFSA) daily.
- Collect documentation and complete verification of ISIRs.
- Assist students in completing both entrance and exit counseling for Federal Loans.
- Provide continuous follow-up of student eligibility, collect missing documentation, etc.
- Maintain website and post scholarship information to the site via coordination with the webmaster.
- Track student status for registration, office follow-up, etc.
- Write position procedures manual and keep up to date.
- Responsible for creating loan payoff sheets for exiting or graduating students.
- Scanning of all documents and uploading them into document management system.
- Preform credit checks for Parent PLUS loans.
- Maintain ongoing access to various Dept. of Education sites (i.e. NSLDS, COD, CPS, Mapping Your Future).
- Student Life specific duties:
- Data entry for campus nurse and counselor.
- Schedule appointments for campus nurse and counselor.
- Assist with student care under supervision of the campus nurse.
- Assist with event planning, retreat planning, and trip planning.
- Write thank you letters.
- Maintain contact with churches for campus ministry.
- Update job listing board, assist with internships.
- Produce flyers, signs, and ads as needed.
- Take photos and print student IDs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Experience with and commitment to serving students from diverse backgrounds to include first generation, low income, disabled students, and/or underrepresented groups. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Strong preference for college degree or vocational training AA required, BA preferred; two years of clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong commitment to philosophy and goals of Dakota Wesleyan University. Clear commitment to student learning. Equivalent combination of education and experience
Full benefit package available.