|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address||2501 W 26th St|
This position performs general maintenance duties, fabricates parts and makes repairs throughout the agency’s facilities and homes in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Perform general maintenance duties, fabricate parts and make repairs
- Contacts and works with vendors
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, hanging drywall, taping, and texturing
- Remodels areas of buildings and homes
- Welds metal equipment
- Changes filters
- Checks all temperature meters and gauges
- Maintains swimming pool
- Tests and maintains boiler and generator
- Makes building rounds, replacing ceiling tiles and lights, checking and tightening belts, changing filters on air handling units, greasing equipment, moving furniture and equipment, and shoveling snow
- Drives outreach vans and buses to and from designated service maintenance location
- Ensures the security of the facilities by performing scheduled walk-throughs and door checks Assists staff, visitors or residents to their vehicles upon request
- Works with chillers, air handling units (AHU’s), variable air volumes (VAVs) and Johnson Controls software as assigned
- Maintains services and conducts minor and major repairs on building and equipment
- Complies with established safety guidelines and procedures
- Completes other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required. Two to five years maintenance experience required. Valid South Dakota driver’s license and clean driving record required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General mechanical aptitude, including general electrical wiring, plumbing, carpentry, sheetrock/taping/texturing, remodeling projects, welding and knowledge of power modalities
- Oral communication skills
- Basic organizational skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is done inside and outside LifeScape and may be exposed to extreme hot or cold environments. Work involves sitting, walking and lifting when performing janitorial and maintenance duties. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 75-100 lbs. with assistance, using proper body mechanics.
Requires repetitive movements of the writs, hands and/or fingers.
Maintenance Shop – noise, machinery, equipment hazards.
Works an on-call rotation schedule, which includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
This position has been evaluated as a Level I in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) definition of Occupational Exposure to blood borne pathogens, and Hazardous Communication regulations.
Level I: Positions in this category are required to perform tasks which involve exposure to blood, potentially infectious body fluids, and chemical or hazardous waste.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Regulatory Audits and Reviews
- Repair and Maintenance Trends
- Safety Record
- People Served Feedback
- Staff Feedback
- General Public Feedback
- Special Projects
- Adherence to Mission and Core Values