|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address||600 E MEIGS ST|
Maintenance Technician (We have a high sense of urgency to hire for this role)
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Using various machine and hand tools such as drill press, vertical and horizontal band saws, pedestal grinders, drill motors, disc sanders, files, taps, levels, pipe thread machine, arc and gas welders, etc.
- Working from blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions and performing a variety of construction, fabrication, or repair work using steel, sheet metal, plastic, or wood.
- Performing moving and installation of plant or production equipment requiring leveling, trimming grouting, set-up and start-up and installing mechanical or hydraulic and pneumatic piping to plant or production equipment, and maintaining daily records.
- Performing general mechanical and electrical/electronic repairs, P.M.’s or adjustments on all plant, facilities, and production equipment and understanding the theory of operation and logic sequence.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly work area, keeping inventory of cart and tools, observing all 3M and department safety rules and practices, and performing other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or crew leader
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work on weekends, on holidays, regularly work overtime, fixed 2nd or 3rd shift, and shift coverage on a short notice.
- Possession of a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possession of (or in the last 6 months of completing) a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum of ten (10) year of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment