|Company Name||Wilbur-Ellis Company|
|Address||345 California St 27th Floor|
Intern- Aerial Operations, Full-time, Seasonal (South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota
Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, or other related fields? Do you have the knowledge and/or experience with Ag operations? Do you possess excellent leadership, multi-tasking, and communication skills? Can you work overtime as necessary? If you said yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
As an Agriculture Aerial Operations Intern, you will gain a realistic job preview of the agricultural chemical, fertilizer, seed, and technology industry and opportunities to explore future career opportunities as an Aerial Loader, Operation Manager and beyond. During our 12-16 week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor to support branch operations in a variety of agriculture aspects while gaining exposure to different sides of the business to include row/specialty crops, chemicals, seed and fertilizer (and more). In addition to your day to day responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to spend time shadowing to observe different career progression options within your internship focus and other departments of Wilbur-Ellis. We will be supporting you with extensive training in your role and provide professional development opportunities as a successful Operations Intern and potential future leader for our company.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science or related field is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Comply with company safety standards including a clean driving record
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours and occasionally Saturdays during busy seasons
- Ability to safely operate company machinery within state laws and company policies and guidelines
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
Key Personal Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Skill in creative and critical thinking to achieve goals
- Ability to remain detail-oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
- Desire to learn about new things and openness to always improve
- Self-starter that is punctual with a strong work ethic
- Strong ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional team members including sales representatives, branch management, operation staff, and customers
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Learn our products, services, industries, and operations
- Assist in the storage and distribution of products
- Provide ground support for aerial operations including loading airplanes, fuel management, and map coordinating
- Report key metrics of inventory, product availability, warehouse, and transportation performance
- With guidance, perform analysis that can drive improved supply chain and operations results (availability, turns, excess, obsolescence)
- Maintain and observe appropriate safety practices and working conditions; must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow all safety policies and practices
- Complete the tasks and activities outlined by the Manager and/or Mentor for the intern
- Conform to the normal working hours of the Wilbur-Ellis location
- Support the employer, keep the employer's business confidential, and work for the employer's best interest
- Submit a final project, PowerPoint presentation of the internship
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Competitive hourly wage