|Job Type||Full Time|
|Company Name||Rosebud Economic Development Corporation (REDCO)|
|Address||27565 Research Park Drive, PO Box 236|
Scope of Responsibility
The Agricultural Manager provides business leadership, directing the day-to-day agricultural operations in order to achieve identified revenue, safety, job creation, and growth goals. The Agricultural Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient asset utilization, cost controls, internal financial controls, sustainable land management, and generating new business. The position requires exceptional leadership abilities and business acumen with the ability and drive for long-term planning.
• Supervise all steps of crop and ranging process, i.e. planting, fertilization, harvesting, and herding.
• Determine how to raise crops or livestock by evaluating factors such as market conditions, pests, disease, soil conditions, and the availability of federal programs for farm and ranch subsidies.
• Adapt duties to the seasons, weather conditions, or a crop’s growing cycle.
• Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
• Recruiting, training/instructing, supervising and directing farmworker activities, such as planting, irrigation, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
• Ensuring the agricultural operations are profitable and meet projected financial targets.
• Records management such as production, farm management practices, parent stock and prepares financial and operational reports.
• Develop long term agricultural plans according to identified priorities, available assets, and market conditions.
• A salary between $60,000-$70,000 is anticipated, based on education, qualifications, and experience. The position is classified as Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics wage scale and is competitive with other regional positions.
• REDCO offers a generous 3% 401(k) match
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage is provided for all full-time employees.
• REDCO employees are entitled to life insurance coverage.
- 19.5 Vacation Days
- Berevement Leave
- o1 Holidays
- Spiritual Leave
- Educational Leave
- Sick Leave