Training for CTE Welding Educators
For information, please contact:
Director of Advanced Technical Education
Mitchell Technical Institute
1800 E. Spruce St.
Mitchell SD 57301
Main - 605-995-3056
Direct - 605-995-7207
Cell - 605-770-0761
The Office of Career and Technical Education (CTE) is offering training to CTE instructors interested in providing concurrent enrollment credit to high school students in the Welding Training area. This training is mandatory for instructors who plan to offer the WLD 101-Welding Safety and Discontinuities course to their students and receive concurrent credit at either Southeast Tech or Mitchell Tech with applicable fees. This training will be held May 30-31, 2017 on the MTI Campus.
This two-day seminar will provide CTE instructors training and curriculum so you are prepared to teach these courses within your CTE division. In addition to this training, instructors must meet one of the following criteria to be an approved CTE instructor by the Technical Institutes.
The criteria includes:
- Master’s degree in discipline or master’s + 18 graduate credit hours in discipline
- BA/BS in area of instruction
- AAS or Diploma in area relevant to instruction + 4000 hours verified technical/occupational experience in the field and must be able to complete an “Employment Form” to verify this work
The $450 fee will provide the Hobart Instructors guide with DVD and pay for the required AWS membership. Make checks payable to MTI – Welding Training.
- Tuesday – May 30th, 8 am – 4:30 pm – AWS Safety in Welding – Travis Peterson, MTI
- Wednesday – May 31st, 8 am – 12 pm – AWS Safety in Welding – Travis Peterson, MTI
- Wednesday – May 31st, 12:30 – 4:30 pm – Weld Discontinuities and Inspection – Terry Schneider, STI
Early registration is encouraged to hold your seat.