Fall 2020 Registration Checklist
For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Congratulations on your acceptance to Mitchell Technical College! We are thrilled you have chosen Mitchell Tech to further your education!
Soon after your acceptance, you should receive your registration packet.
We have created a checklist for you to follow to make sure you are ready for the first day of classes, on Monday, August 24th:
✔ Apply for FAFSA
✔ Official Transcript - Once you have been accepted, we will need official transcripts
- High School Graduate
- Request that your final official high school transcript be submitted to the Admissions Office.
- Transfer Students
- The Admissions Office will need final official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended before transferring in any credits.
- All Students
- If you have taken dual credit at any time, you must submit all college/university transcripts for the dual credit.
✔ Immunization Records
State law requires all students received or be in the process of receiving the required two doses of mumps, measles and rubella (MMR). You will need to provide a copy of your immunization records prior to starting school. You can email those to your Mitchell Tech Admissions Representative if you have not already done so.
- We do honor exemptions, with proper documentation, if:
- The immunization would endanger the student’s life or health.
- The student is immune to the disease.
- It is against religious beliefs.
- Mitchell Tech requires that the documentation from the student be submitted within 45 days after the start of classes.
- Some health science programs will require additional immunizations per clinical policies. Those will be discussed at individual program meetings.
✔ MyTech Login – You should receive your login credentials 1-2 weeks after your acceptance! These login credentials are located within your registration packet. You will use these login credentials to login to your MyTech Portal, Email, and Scholarships. Your Mitchell Tech Email will be accessible after June 1, but your MyTech Portal should work right away! If you do not know your login credentials, please contact your admissions rep above for help.
✔ Viewing Your Course Schedule – We went ahead and registered you for classes. If you would like to make any changes, please contact the registrar’s office. Located within your registration packet – you will have step-by-step instructions on logging into your MyTech and viewing your classes and books that are required.
When you are logged into your MyTech Portal, choose the “My Course Schedule” tab. You can view more information regarding which books are needed, classroom locations, day, time, etc.
- Be sure you are in the 2020-2021 fall semester term when viewing schedule.
- Choose the plus sign to view more details on your books.
- Schedules are always subject to change!
- MyTech will have the most up-to-date schedule.
- To print your schedule, choose the print icon in the top right-hand corner.
✔ Forms to Complete
- Biographical Information – located on your MyTech.
- Required for all students to complete!
- FERPA – Located on your MyTech.
- FERPA will be available June 1st, 2020.
- Not required but highly recommended.
- Background Checks
- Some programs in the health science field will require a background check.
- Background checks are completed through Castle Branch at the student’s expense.
- Information on the background check was included in your packet – if you need to do one.
- Background checks will go directly to your instructor – if you have questions on if it has been received, please contact them directly.
✔ Register for Virtual General Registration Session - If you missed your General Session, Fincancial Aid/Business/Scholarship Session, or Program Session, contact your Mitchell Tech Admissions Representative for the video recording.
✔ Ordering Your Books!
New this year! Mitchell Tech’s bookstore is completely online. Order your books online at MitchellTech.TextbookX.com after June 1st, 2020.
- Included in your registration packet is a step by step instructional sheet on how to order your books form the Mitchell Tech online bookstore!
- If you have any questions about your books or the ordering process, please contact Laurie Kenworthy at [email protected]
✔ Order Your Tools/Scrubs
Tools – New this year! If your program requires tools, you can order your tools online at mtc-campus-store.square.site.
Scrubs – Some programs will require scrubs. Scrubs can be ordered online at www.trademarkuniforms.com. Cost of scrubs is approximately $35. Students are required to purchase a minimum of two sets of scrubs!
Scrubs (Program and Scrubs Color):
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nursing), Olive - Cherokee Brand
- Medical Assistant, Caribbean Blue
- Medical Laboratory Technology, Pewter
- Radiation Therapy, Black, Pewter Gray, or Eggplant
- Radiologic Technology, Black
✔ Café Cash – Café Cash is an optional cashless payment system you can use to purchase meals and other items from the Chef’s Café. You can add funds to your account online but will need to have your ID number. You can purchase online at: https://app.upserve.com/s/chefs-cafe-the-oak-room-mitchell
Mitchell Tech does not own any student housing. We do provide the option for landlords to post rental listings as a service. Check out the housing option adjacent to our campus: Campus Tech Apartments, 1400 E. Spruce St., near the Mitchell Tech Technology Center. More information including floor plans and application with FAQs is available from Mills Property Management. Units are available now. Check out our student housing tab at https://www.mitchelltech.edu/life-at-mti/student-housing
If you are in BYOD ( Bring your own device) program and you would like to purchase a Mitchell Tech laptop, please do so by July 15th.
✔ Attend New Student Orientation
August 19th & 20th, 2020
✔ First Day of Class
August 24th, 2020