Mitchell Technical College Campus Center
1800 E. Spruce St.
Mitchell, SD 57301
Fax: (605) 995-3083
Mitchell Technical College is committed to celebrating our students' accomplishments with a traditional graduation ceremony. Mitchell Tech will host three commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 7, 2021 in the World’s Only Corn Palace at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm.
Family or friends who cannot attend the 2021 Mitchell Technical College Graduation can still be a part of the big day, with the College live streaming all of the ceremonies.
The broadcast will commence a few minutes before the scheduled ceremony start time. Simply click on the appropriate ceremony time below:
Mitchell Technical College 5 p.m. Graduation Ceremony – Health Sciences and Agriculture & Transportation Technologies
11 a.m. – Business & Service Industries and Energy Production & Transmission
- Administrative Office Specialist
- Business Management
- Culinary Academy of South Dakota
- Small Business Management
- Electrical Utilities & Substation Technology
- Geospatial Technologies
- Natural Gas Technology
- Power Line Construction & Maintenance
- Utilities Technology
- Wind Turbine Technology
2 p.m. – Engineering Technologies and Construction & Manufacturing Technologies
- Automation Controls/SCADA
- Automation Engineering Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Wi-Fi & Broadband Technologies
- Architectural Design and Building Construction
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- Heating & Cooling Technology
- Machining and Manufacturing
- Progressive Welding Technology
5 p.m. – Health Sciences and Agriculture & Transportation Technologies
- Human Services Technician
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Professional
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- Agricultural Business
- Animal Science
- Diesel Power - Ag Power Technology
- Diesel Power - Light Truck Technology
- Power Sports & Marine Technology
- Precision Ag Technology
Please know that your health and safety is our top priority. A number of safety measures will be in place:
- Limited seating will be available. Each graduate will receive eight (8) tickets to their respective ceremony so the space available will accommodate physical distancing for graduates and guests/family members attending.
- At this time, face coverings will be required.
Guests who are unable to attend in person are welcome to watch the ceremony via livestream. The livestream link will be available on the Mitchell Tech website the day of graduation – Friday, May 7.
Students will continue to receive additional information about graduation ceremonies via their Mitchell Tech email.
Graduates - if you are attending the ceremony
- Purchase your cap, gown, and tassel from the Mitchell Tech Campus Store. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the approved graduation regalia. Please wear a face covering.
- If you require special seating, please contact The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, April 30.
- Graduates must secure their tickets prior to Friday, April 30. A maximum of eight (8) guests per graduate will be permitted. If any of your guests require special seating, please contact The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, April 30.
- Please arrive at the World’s Only Corn Palace dressed in your regalia no later than 30 minutes prior to your ceremony.
- You will not receive your official diploma at the ceremony. You will receive a diploma cover as you cross the stage and your diploma will be mailed once your degree is conferred.
Family & Friends
Graduates must secure tickets for their guests by Friday, April 30. Eight (8) guests per graduate will be permitted. The Corn Palace doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony. Those who are unable to attend the event in person are welcome to watch the ceremony via the livestream. The livestream link will be available on this website the day of graduation – Friday, May 7.
The commencement ceremonies will be held in the World’s Only Corn Palace. Tickets are limited to eight (8) per graduate and will be given or mailed to the graduate after Spring Break. If any of your guests require special seating, please contact The Center for Student Success prior to Friday, April 30.
The Corn Palace Concession Stand will not be open during the ceremonies, but you will be able to purchase Corn Palace popcorn balls after the ceremony for $3 each or 6 for $15.
Call 605.995.3023 or email for more information.