For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Upon completion of this two-year program, graduates will be prepared to assist a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP) in the following ways:
- Assist the SLP with speech, language, and hearing screenings and assessments.
- Implement treatment or intervention plans developed by the SLP.
- Document student performance on records, charts, or graphs and report this information to the SLP.
- Assist with clerical duties such as preparing materials and scheduling students.
- Perform checks and maintenance of equipment.
- Support the SLP in data collection and in-service training.
- Exhibit compliance with regulations, reimbursement requirements, and SLPA job responsibilities.
- Advocate at local, state, and/or national levels to promote awareness and prevention of communication disorders and improve public policies for access to service.
Check out the 2018-19 Annual Program Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.
The MTI SLPA program meets the requirements allowing a graduate to apply for SLPA Licensure from the South Dakota Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology.