For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
At the completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate OSHA-required safety while ascending and descending a 300’ wind turbine.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and control systems and sub-systems common to modern wind turbines.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required to maintain a wind turbine.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical problems on variable pitch systems.
- Demonstrate tower rescue
- Demonstrate basic electrical concepts required to maintain a wind turbine.
- Demonstrate the ability to use handheld test equipment to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Demonstrate understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) procedures for wind turbine and other equipment maintenance.
- Perform mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts to correct malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and maintain control and PLC systems.
Check out the 2018-19 Annual Program Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.