For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
At the completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply principles of safety in welding, cutting, and machine operation.
- Use welding symbols, blueprints, and manufacturing measuring devices in various lab and classroom scenarios.
- Describe metallurgy and mechanical/electrical requirements.
- Complete various AWS code welder qualification weld tests.
- Apply the use of welding economics and variables.
- Interpret welding code.
- Utilize nondestructive methods (x-ray, ultrasound, magnetic particle, and penetrant) to examine welds for quality.
- Acquire a certificate in CPR including first aid and AED
- Administer quality and production improvement processes.
- Operate welding robots, CNC machining stations, and laser and plasma cutting systems.
- Conduct proper punch and die selection for forming of material.
- Complete an internship program with a local manufacturer.
Check out the 2019-20 Annual Program Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.