For information about any of our programs, application, or any of our other student services please contact us:
Outdoor Power & Recreational Vehicle Technology, One Year Diploma
At the completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply safe, efficient and effective work practices in a manner compatible with OSHA requirements and motorcycle, ATV, and small engine repair industry expectations.
- Demonstrate the effective use of internet-based resources, industry repair manuals, and service and parts literature in the repair and maintenance of motorcycle, ATV, and small engine equipment.
- Demonstrate the industry-standard application of selected specialized tools for motorcycle, ATV, and small engine maintenance, diagnostic, repair tools, and equipment.
- Identify the components and their function among motorcycle, ATV, and small engine equipment.
- Apply preventative maintenance concepts to motorcycle, ATV, small engine care and storage.
- Demonstrate basic diagnostic and repair concepts applied to selected motorcycle engine, ATV engine, small engine, marine engine, equipment power train and chassis systems.
- Interact effectively by displaying flexibility, honesty, teamwork, respect, and sensitivity for customers.
- Communicate effectively through active listening and oral, written, and electronic format with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Assume responsibility for continuing education requirements for new technologies and career advancement.
Check out the 2018-19 Annual Program Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.