For information, please contact:
Events & Corporate Education Coordinator
Mitchell Technical Institute
MTI Campus Center
1800 E. Spruce St.
Mitchell SD 57301
Graduates of the this program will be able to:
- Explain a general overview of the trucking industry, how it functions, and what to expect as a professional truck driver
- Demonstrate safety regulations and precautions
- Identify Department of Transportation laws and regulations that govern a commercial motor vehicle
- Perform as a responsible employee in a manner that is a credit to the occupation
- Demonstrate maneuvering skills with tractor-trailer equipment as required by the trucking industry
- Adopt an effective and detailed approach to trip planning, including map reading, route selection, cargo restrictions, legal weight distribution, and hours of service
- Drive safely and efficiently on rural roads, highways, and urban streets
Check out the 2018-19 Annual Program Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.