(605) 995-3083 [fax]
Mitchell Technical Institute will be an innovative leader in technical education and a valued partner in global workforce development, preparing students for career success and lifelong learning in an ever-changing world.
Amazing details about MTI:
- 99% job placement rate for MTI graduates
- Ranked in the top 150 of America's two-year colleges by the Aspen Institute
- One of the newest campuses in the region
- 33 on-campus academic programs and 5 online programs
- More than 86% of MTI students receive financial aid
- Located in Mitchell, South Dakota; founded in 1968
- Military friendly school since 2010
- Regionally unique programs
It is the mission of Mitchell Technical Institute to provide skills for success in technical careers.
- Learning: MTI provides high-quality Associate of Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs which prepare students for successful careers.
- Life Skills: MTI prepares graduates for lifelong learning by building skills in technology, communication, professionalism, problem-solving, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Access: MTI provides educational services and quality training to students, alumni, businesses, and the community, both on campus and at a distance.
- Innovation: MTI integrates state-of-the-art technologies, instructional methods, and facilities to deliver a high-quality, unique educational experience.
- Excellence: MTI commits to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness through a system of assessment and continuous review.
- Talent Investment: MTI recruits, develops, and invests in skilled, dedicated, and student-oriented faculty and staff.
- Community: MTI builds student community through social and recreational activities, counseling support, and a student government structure administered through organized student services.
- Respect and Diversity: MTI seeks and values a diverse population, responds to the unique needs of individuals, and recognizes the dignity and worth of all people.
- Advocacy: MTI promotes the value of technical education through the development of relationships with stakeholders and activities that raise awareness of the institute's mission.