Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Financial Services Assistant
for program specific employment opportunities
According to the US Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for career opportunities from this program is:
MTI offers three options for business degrees. All two-year options lead to the completion of an Associate of Applied Science degree. In the first year, all students take a core group of courses that prepares them to make the decision to pursue an emphasis is Accounting, Business Management or Promotions and Sales. The integration of technology allows students to take courses face-to-face, hybrid (online and face-to-face) and online. This offers a degree of flexibility that students today want. Choose the option that interests you and will work best to get you into the career of your choice:
Accountants and bookkeepers continue to be in high demand; the Accounting emphasis will provide the graduate with many options.
The Business Management emphasis offers broad training in key business areas that employers want such as sales, advertising, marketing, insurance, investments, supervisory management and human resource management.
Promotions and Sales
The Promotions and Sales emphasis will give students a great base in areas like sales, advertising, public relations, social media and more.
All three areas include an optional internship experience.
A special note about laptop computers:
This program requires a laptop computer so that you can effectively integrate computing skills with your technical education. Many resources that instructors assign are online or require specialty software. To address these needs, MTI requires that students entering this program purchase their laptops from MTI. The cost for an MTI laptop averages about $1000. Please be aware that our machines come fully loaded with the software required for this program.
Whether it's Microsoft Office, or a specialty software for a technical program, your needs will be met by your MTI laptop. And our laptops are serviced for free by our Technology office. You will not be able to bring a laptop from home into an MTI laptop program as we cannot provide support services for every make and model of laptop. Please consider this carefully before making any laptop purchase and check with the Admissions office for more details.
At the completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Develop improved interpersonal communication; leadership; motivation; team dynamics; creative problem solving and decision making skills and abilities as they relate to Accounting and Business Management.
- Effectively use a computer to perform Accounting tasks and develop a record keeping system.
- Make sound management decisions in the workplace by learning to effectively manage human relation functions in the workplace, and how to become an effective supervisor and manager.
- Understand the legal system as it relates to business systems.
- Maintain high ethical standards in business dealings as it applies to corporate social responsibility.
- Utilize professional demeanor through appropriate conduct, dress, and exhibited attitude.
- Apply current and emerging technologies to business situations.
- Demonstrate basic financial skills as it relates to a variety of business situations.
- Develop and implement appropriate marketing and advertising strategies.
Check out the 2013-14 Annual Program Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.
Placement and Wage Information
According to 2013 data, the average annual placement rate for graduates in this program is 95%. Starting wages ranged as high as $13.00/hour.
|Program Tuition & Fees*
|(4 semester program/average tuition cost per semester, $3,329.25)
|Other Required Costs
|*All costs listed are estimated and are subject to change at any time. Students will receive final costs at the time of course registration each semester.