Career and technical education students learn and perform in settings that mirror real-world workplaces. When you’re done, you’ll not only understand the complicated processes of your chosen field, but you’ll have the knowledge, savvy and hands-on experience to solve problems in your new occupation. In two years or less, you will be able to live your dream in a career suited just for you. The best jobs start here!
The admissions process at MTI is fairly simple. Students can apply online or complete a paper application form that we can supply to your office or directly to the student.
For a student to be considered for acceptance into an Associate degree or diploma program at MTI, the following steps must be completed:
- Application form, either online or paper copy
- A high school transcript sent to MTI (or any other pertinent college or technical school transcripts or GED scores)
- Scores from schools or agencies for any of the following tests the student has taken: ACT, SAT, TABE, ASSET/Compass, APS, etc.
- If above testing was not completed or scores do not meet program standards, the student must complete an admissions test at MTI (no charge for this test)
- Send MTI a copy of a birth certificate or driver’s license (proof of birthdate) and/or proof of legal US resident status.
Upon notification of acceptance, applicants must return a matriculation form along with a $60 non-refundable matriculation fee to reserve a spot in a program.
When to Apply
Class enrollments are limited so early application is to a student’s advantage. MTI semesters begin in August and January.
Tuition deposits will be required once a program is full. The tuition deposit of $150 will be applied to the student’s tuition the first semester of class. In case a student opts not to attend, the tuition deposit is non-refundable.
During your application process, if we see that you have an ACT score of 24 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, you will automatically qualify to be an MTI Star Scholar. This means you will receive a scholarship of $1,000 your first semester! Enroll in a spotlight program and you could receive a second $1,000 award for your second year if you keep your MTI GPA at 2.5 or higher. See an Admissions representative for details.
If your parent, step-parent, grandparent or sibling graduated from MTI, use your legacy status to earn up to $1,000 to help with the cost of your education. Tell your Admissions representative about your family member and, upon verification, you will be awarded $500 when you enter MTI. Complete the first year of a two-year program with a 2.5 GPA or higher and we will renew your award for another $500 your second year. See an Admissions representative for details.