Field Technician (Full Time)
The Field Technician (Land) is responsible for mid-level system installation, commissioning, testing, and maintenance on RigNet's onshore products and services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and trouble-shooting/repair of satellite communications systems, Cisco VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, Intercom Systems, networking applications and two-way radio systems on Land rigs, Land production sites and remote locations.
2. Provide technical support and resources to ensure delivery of service.
3. Acts as a liaison with clients and departments within RigNet to ensure the timely delivery of service.
4. Perform installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed and stabilized satellite systems, including:
a. Configuration, test and troubleshooting of satellite modems.
b. Configuration, test and troubleshooting of C & Ku-band RF units
c. Assembly of fixed antenna systems
d. Assembly of Seatel stabilized antennas and randomes
e. Knowledgeable in the installation of LTE, Sub 2.4 M satellites and associated network devices for last mile solutions
f. Able to troubleshoot LTE, Sub 2.4M stabilized satellite and associated network devices for last mile solutions with varying levels of assistance from technical support staff
5. Able to complete site surveys and provide assistance to Senior Field Technicians during the installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed and stabilized satellite systems.
6. Able to provide technical support and supervision of Junior Field Technicians, including on the job training where appropriate.
7. Communicate job progress to customers, RigNet Job Manager and Technical Services.
8. Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or venders involved in the employee's daily tasks.
9. Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management. For example, Time Sheets, Inventory Documentation, and Field Tickets.
10. Ad hoc duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of formal electronic training or equivalent experience
• Previous experience installing, commissioning and fault finding stabilized satellite systems and equipment
• Valid Driver’s License/MVR Report Required
• 2+ years of experience as a field technician
• Must be competent with interfacing equipment using both serial and Ethernet interfaces
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Experience and knowledge of commercial-grade satellite communications systems, Cisco networking equipment, able to install, commission, and troubleshoot VSAT systems and equipment
2. Test Equipment - able to use a range of suitable test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Wattmeters etc
3. Previous experience of PBX's, routers, TCP/IP, PA and radio systems ((LOS, VHF, UHF) preferred
4. PC literate
5. Good communication skills (written and verbal)
6. Ability to work to meet both customer and company demands within a short timeframe
7. Must be well-organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision
8. Must be available 24x7 when on call
9. Up to 100% of time spent traveling when on call
• Driving for long periods of time on a frequent basis
• Large amounts of overtime for consecutive days
• Required to drive to far remote customer locations for afterhours transportation departures.
• Must be able to perform duties in high noise and high activity work areas.
• Changing time lines
• Changing job requirements
• Focus on customer demands
• Lift up to 75 lbs.
• Load/Unload/Carry average of 300 lbs. of communications gear (approx. 10 pieces) in a Climbing stairs throughout the day with equipment in hand
• Working in inclement weather
• Working at different heights
• Stooping and Standing throughout the day
Environmental Working Conditions
• High noise areas
• High amount of driving between to and from customer locations. 2 hours or more typically
• Electrical hazards
• Strong communications skills – Must be capable of interface with customers
• Must practice good hygiene and have a professional appearance.
• Team Skills – Must work well with others in his team
• Safety of self as well as co-workers must be a top priority
• Professional interaction with co-workers, customers and contractors is required
• Ability to work with others in high stress conditions
• Ability to handle periods of time away from home. Possibly 10 days or longer.
• Ability to travel on very short notice
• Able to work with minimal direction and a self starter
Based on Experience
KEY LOCATIONS: Pittsburg, PA, San Antonio, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Killdeer, ND, Midland, TX and Cheyenne, WYOpenings:
7/1/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
1880 S Dairy Ashford #300 Houston, TX 77077Phone:
Contact InformationContact Person:
Tiffany Cauley, Phone:
281-674-0902Email: [email protected]
How to Apply
Email Cover Letter and Resume
Return to Job Listings