Youth Development Unit Manager (Full Time)
Ensure a quality therapeutic program through a multi-disciplinary treatment team approach.
The Unit Manager will be responsible for the overall shift operations, including, but not limited to:
• Supervising and accounting for Youth Development Specialists during shift.
• Reviews daily charts and reports for accuracy and objectivity.
• Ensure follow through of resident’s IEP and ITP goals.
• Manage implementation of special treatment programs.
• Expertise knowledge of resident’s clinical and non-clinical needs
• Ensures compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations established by Aurora Plains Academy as a condition of employment.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Regular and punctual attendance for all shifts and meetings.
• Function as a team member in all interactions with residents and staff.
• Serve on committees as assigned. Prepare, plan and implement training programs; may range from 1:1 training to a formal training.
• Orientation and on-going training of staff in program facilitation and techniques.
• Active participation in Staff Development program.
• Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality.
• Exhibit knowledge of abuse risk management and peer to peer abuse prevention policies. Demonstrates and practices use of abuse risk management strategies and peer to peer abuse prevention to help maintain a safe environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
a) Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral or social science or two years of post high school education and at least one year of experience working with children in a group care setting.
b) Experience in behavior management and intervention, recreation and therapeutic activities and participation in the assessment and case planning process.
c) 21 years of age and demonstrate a capacity to listen to children with understanding, help children find constructive solutions to developmental problems, and cooperate with each other in providing services that families and children need.
INSUREANCE:MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE.
FLEX SPENDING, 401K, LTD,VACATION, SICK LEAVE, HOLIDAY, EAP, CLOTHING ALLOWANCE, INCENTIVE PROGRAMSRelated Programs:
Human Services TechnicianAdditional Information:
a) Working conditions may vary dependent upon the nature of the facility.
b) May experience stressful situations and events; may experience stress from residents and Youth Care Workers whom are supervised by the Unit Manager.
c) May have time-constrained projects, paperwork, etc. Unit Managers are responsible for timely and accurate reporting of events and incidents.
d) Working conditions include indoor and outdoor activities and weather conditions (heat and cold) could be unpredictable.
e) Hours worked may be extensive due to coverage needs; early mornings or late evening shifts may need to be covered by the Unit Manager if appropriate coverage is not available.
f) May experience pressure from coordinating activities for the unit; burden of managing staff and residents, but must maintain a positive attitude to maintain employee morale.
4/5/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
Aurora Plains AcademyAddress:
1400 East 10th Street Plankinton, SD 57368Phone:
Contact InformationContact Person:
Courtney Brink, Phone:
605-942-KIDSEmail: [email protected]
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume
Email Cover Letter and Resume
Fax Cover Letter and Resume
Call For Interview
Apply In PersonApply through MTI Careers Website
Return to Job Listings