Controls Technician (Full Time)
Reporting to the Area Manager, the incumbent applies EI&C skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment. Additionally, the successful candidate works on a team that operates and maintains a high pressure natural gas pipeline system, turbine and reciprocating driven compressor station, gas measurement equipment and other related facilities and is subject to hazardous conditions including; escaping high pressure gas, adverse weather conditions, working from heights, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
This position is:
- eligible for domestic relocation
- not eligible for cross border relocation
- eligible for a location premium
- safety sensitive and is subject to random drug testing
- subject to a rotating weekly on-call schedule
- subject to extensive travel with extended workdays and/or workweeks and overnight stays away in support of pipeline/facility operation and project activities
- overtime eligible and part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required
- required to reside within response time expectations as established by the hiring leader
- Operates and maintains natural gas compressor station, pipeline, and auxiliary equipment such as PLCs, electrical generators, air compressors, valves, pipelines, filters, scrubbers, etc. in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Perform installation, testing, repair and maintenance on natural gas facilities, pipelines as well as other associated equipment used in natural gas transmission systems;
- Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals and documents;
- Perform technical analysis to prepare recommendations for future action;
- Provide multi-skilled maintenance support with other technicians in the completion of pipeline, mechanical and measurement activities;
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel;
- Manage and co-ordinate usage of third party contractors; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must have the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned;
- Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team;
- Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste;
- Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering, and filing of various forms;
- Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or work weeks including overnights stays away from home location. May be required to carry a pager and cell phone, to work a rotating on-call schedule, and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license;
- Must have a proven safe driving record and provide documentation of past traffic violations upon request;
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED;
- Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, or Telecommunications technical training, apprenticeship program, or equivalent education or experience;
- Previous natural gas pipeline expertise and experience will be considered a strong asset
- The successful candidate may be required to complete pre-employment medical and drug testing.
Based on experienceBenefits:
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), optional life insurance, and other.Related Programs:
Electrical Construction & MaintenanceAdditional Information:
Posting closes March 30, 2014
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code CCS50809590-01
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
3/30/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
HC 60 Culbertson, MT 59218Phone:
Contact InformationContact Person:
Holland Butler, Email: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply on Company Website
Return to Job Listings