Mechanical Technician (Full Time)
Reporting to the Area Manager, the incumbent applies Mechanical skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on a high pressure natural gas pipeline system, turbine and/or reciprocating driven compressor station, gas measurement equipment and other related facilities
This position is:
- eligible for domestic relocation
- not eligible for cross border relocation
- eligible for a location premium
- safety sensitive and is subject to random drug testing
- subject to a rotating weekly on-call schedule
- subject to extensive travel with extended workdays and/or workweeks and overnight stays away in support of pipeline/facility operation and project activities.
- overtime eligible and part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required.
- required to reside within response time expectations as established by the hiring leader
- subject to hazardous conditions including; escaping high pressure gas, adverse weather conditions, working from heights, heavy lifting and cramped conditions.
Include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and perform operation, maintenance and repair of pipeline, reciprocating / turbine engine-driven compressor station equipment, gas process equipment, valves and operators, regulators, relief valves, blow down purging and pressurization of pipelines and stations, portable and mobile work equipment, and line locates on company pipelines; all within company operating procedures;
- Actively participate in a team environment by acquiring and applying required qualifications, supporting the development of team members, performing administrative duties and assisting with budgeting, planning, problem solving, prioritization and decision making processes;
- Perform precision measurement and alignment activities;
- Safely performs all work activities including operation of company vehicles, portable and mobile work equipment;
- Analyze engine performance reports, initiate corrective action to review and improve maintenance procedures;
- Read, interpret and update drawings and schematics (P&ID, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical);
- Properly use a variety of hand and power tools;
- Utilize diagnostic tools such as volt-ohm meters, engine analyzers, gas detectors;
- Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, maintain records, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering and filing of various forms. Utilize computers to interface with various PLCs and controllers;
- Performs other tasks as defined by the team, and maintains general housekeeping and appearance of assigned team facilities, and
- Provide oversight of third party contractors.
- Must have the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned;
- Must have mechanical aptitude to organize, prioritize, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve mechanical / facility issues.
- Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team;
- Ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste;
- Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or workweeks including overnights stays away from home location, carry a pager and/or cell phone, and to work a rotating on-call schedule;
- Qualified or able to qualify in DOT Operator Qualifications, and to advance individual skills as assigned/required by team within defined deadlines;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license;
- Must have a proven safe driving record and provide documentation of past traffic violations upon request;
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED;
- Associates degree including courses in engine mechanics and pneumatic troubleshooting. (Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education), and
- Relevant oil and gas industry experience, industrial experience, and knowledge of Arc Flash requirements is desired.
- The successful candidate may be required to complete pre-employment medical and drug testing
Based on experienceBenefits:
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), optional life insurance, and other.Related Programs:
Electrical Construction & Maintenance, Propane & Natural Gas TechnologiesAdditional Information:
Posting closes March 30, 2014
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code CCS50842406-01
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
3/30/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
HC 60 Culbertson, MT 59218Phone:
Contact InformationContact Person:
Holland Butler, Recruitment ConsultantEmail: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply on Company Website
Return to Job Listings